Thursday 19 May 2011

ONESHOT 02 : FOREVER LOVE

Written by Redbuggy


KPOP Celebrity Character : Kim JaeJoong (DBSK)



“This is my nephew, Kim Kyubin” Jaejoong introduced, a cute boy with rosy chubby cheeks and soft brown eyes peered at me behind Jaejoong. Aww... he’s shy? That’s so cute!
“Omoo... gyeopta~” I neared him.
“Jaejoong samchoon, she’s ugly”
Boh? I looked around to see who said that.
“She’s stupid too!”
“She can’t help it. She’s born that way”
I stared at the two boys in front of me, appalled. How could a kid that young and cute be so like... Kim Jaejoong?!

 ------
I met Jaejoong two years ago and it was hatred at first sight. For every freshman in university, they have to go through the first week that was called orientation week. Each of us was divided into groups and a leader will be appointed and apparently I was the leader of my group.
Each group were assigned to prepare a presentation of combined talents from different departments such as drama, visual arts, music, dance and film. Jaejoong, who was in the same group, and I were from music.
“I’m not taking orders from a midget like you” Jaejoong said when I divided our parts of the presentation. It all started from that one sentence and we became enemies even after orientation week. One day we made a bet to see who could score higher for the final exams in the middle of our usual cat and dog argument. It then became our tradition to outdo each other to win the bet.
‘Why oh why did I lost the bet?’ I thought as I paid the ice-cream man for the 3 cones of ice-cream. As a result of losing, Jaejoong asked me to accompany him with his 5 years old nephew to the amusement park. It would be much better if his nephew is a little angel instead of a little copy of him.
“Here.” I thrust the chocolate and vanilla flavour towards Jaejoong.
“Yah! Be careful. You almost stained my jacket” he said angrily. He took two of the ice-cream and gave one to Kyubin.
“I don’t want chocolate!” Kyubin whined.
“But you said you wanted chocolate just now” I reasoned with him
“Do you want mine Kyubin?” Jaejoong offered.
“No. I want chocolate mint!” Kyubin pointed at my ice-cream.
“Mwo? This is mine. You asked for chocolate” I told him. Jaejoong shrugged and started to lick his ice-cream. Kyubin started to sniff and oh boy, here comes the waterworks.
“I wanna! I wanna! I wanna!” Kyubin cried. I looked at Jaejoong for help but he just ignored me. Did he bring me along just so that I babysit his spoilt nephew?
I slowly hand my ice-cream to Kyubin, which he eagerly took and stopped crying. Sniff, sniff, sniff. I peeked at him; he was looking at me confusedly.
“Waaaa~ I don’t want chocolate too” I cried. Kyubin looked at me, then at the ice-cream. 
“But you gave me this already”
“That’s because *sniff* you bullied me *sniff* into it *sniff sniff*” I sniffed and pretended to wipe my tears away with a tissue.
“Yah! You’re already this big and you still cry like a baby” Jaejoong said.
“Noona.. It’s ok. I don’t want this ice-cream anymore” Kyubin handed me the ice-cream with puppy dog eyes. Such an adorable kid! Maybe he’s not as spoilt as his uncle after all. I shook my head.
“Eh? Noona doesn’t want the ice-cream anymore?” Kyubin sniffed. He’s gonna cry again, how cute this kid can be? I pointed at Jaejoong’s ice-cream.
“What?! This is mine, go buy another one for yourself” Jaejoong protested.
“Jaejoong-samchoon, give that to noona!” Kyubin whined. This would be interesting.
----
“Noona noona! I wanna ride those spinning cups!” Kyubin squealed excitedly. I nodded at him, finishing my vanilla ice-cream. I held Kyubin’s hand so that I wouldn’t lose him in the crowd.
“Please step in here” the operator instructed. I stepped into the giant pink plastic cup with Kyubin and sat. But Jaejoong, who was still sulking about earlier, stood still outside the cup.
“Yah! Get your pretty ass here” I yelled at him and he just stared at me. “I guess you’re actually afraid of riding the spinning cups? Gwaechanayo, you can wait there ‘til we’re done” I smirked. Like magic, Jaejoong quickly trudged in and sat beside me, his face scrunched up in a frown. “I’m not scared” he mumbled.
15 minutes later...
“More more more!” Jaejoong and Kyubin chanted excitedly. I looked at their multiple blurry images and tried to focus on one. My stomach lurched at the thought of a 9th round in the spinning cups.
“No more” I groaned. As soon as the gateway was opened I dashed out from the cup, dizzily of course, towards the restroom. I wiped my sweats and rinsed my mouth. When I stepped out from the restroom I couldn’t find Jaejoong and Kyubin. I was about to search for them frantically when it hit me that they might be spinning in those cups. I groaned inwardly and sat on an empty bench.
I closed my eyes and tried to fight the dizziness off when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up to see Jaejoong and his nephew.
“Noona~ We bought you medicine!” Kyubin handed me a water bottle and medicine. After I drank the medicine Jaejoong smirked at me.
“What?”
“I didn’t know you have weak stomach”
“I can take care of myself”
“If you say so”
“Hmph!” I harrumphed and walked off towards the shooting games section and started playing randomly at one of the kiosk.
Bang! Bang! Ping!
“aishh...” I muttered when one of my shot missed. I looked at the cute Poring doll that was sitting on the top shelf and sighed.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Woah, five in a row. The person-in-charge took the doll away from my sight gave it to.... Jaejoong?! I averted my eyes from him but he nudged me with it.
“waeyo?”
“You can’t even shoot something that simple. Here” he nudged the Poring towards me again.
“Mwo? I can win it myself! It’s just that I’m still dizzy” I denied.
“Okay” Jaejoong said and walked away
“What? Yah! Give me that doll!” I trudged after him.
“You said you could win one on your own”
“But you gave that to me just now”
“Which you refused it when I tried” Jaejoong held the doll high and I was kind of trying to reach it like a little kid.
“Give me~”
“No way. Try get it from me” he challenged. I raised an eyebrow and from there we went on into a match of grabbing and dodging until both of us were out of breath.
“Wait...” Jaejoong stopped and I tugged the doll out from his grasp. Victory at last!
“Where’s Kyubin?” he looked around frantically. I looked around too but saw no sign of him.
We spent an hour walking and running around the amusement park looking for Kyubin. Couples bustled by with excitement and children running around from having sugar rush but Kyubin was nowhere to be seen.
Ding~ Diing~~ Diiinng~~~ Dingg~!
The broadcast rang and a bored man’s voice talked through the intercom.  “Attention to the parents of Kim Kyubin, please collect your child at the information booth. Thank you”
We immediately went to the information booth and there Kyubin sat in one of the chairs licking a big lollipop.
“We’re so sorry sir! Thank you for keeping him safe here” Jajoong and I bowed in apology. Kyubin leaped off from his chair and ran towards us. “Kyubin-ah, why did you ran off by yourself? Don’t you know that you got us worried?”
“You should take care of your child carefully. He’s the fifth lost kid today” the man behind the information booth smile a toothy smile.
“W-we’re n-not...” I stuttered, flustered at the thought of Jaejoong and I married with Kyubin as our son. I peeked at Jaejoong.
“Thank you, we got caught up at the moment because it’s been a while. Thank you again sir” Jaejoong said as he slid his arm around my waist and his other hand grabbed Kyubin’s hand. I stared at his arm and at his face with eyes bulging as he steered us around and walked away from the booth.
After some distance, he released his grasp and acted as if nothing had happened. I felt flushed and a pang of disappointment that he removed his arm. Now I’m confused with my feelings, there is nothing between us right?
The remaining time with Jaejoong and Kyubin was thrilling but when his nephew ran off to play somewhere, leaving the two of us together, it suddenly felt awkward to be around him. He was still the same Kim Jaejoong who nonchalantly argues with me everytime we open our mouth. So it must be me who’s acting differently. Have I fallen for him?
I took a peek at him. “Yah! Kyubin-ah, it’s time to go home. Your umma will be here soon” he gestured at his nephew. I felt myself go red as I stared at his face. Omo~ I’m in trouble.
We waited for half an hour before Kyubin’s umma arrived half an hour later. She greeted me and exchanged a few friendly ‘jokes’ with Jaejoong which caused me to blush furiously. Before leaving, Kyubin walked up to Jaejoong and whispered something to him, shaking his fist as if giving him a warning. “You take care of her” I caught some of his words.
“aishh... You little kid” Jaejoong ruffled his hair. “Bye noona~” Kyubin winked. Omo, so cute!
We waved them goodbye and then the awkwardness settled in again. Jaejoong glanced at his watch anxiously. Not knowing what to do next I bid him goodbye but when I turned Jaejoong grabbed my wrist and started pulling me to God-knows-where. 
“Yah! Release me! Where are you taking me?”
“It’s almost closing time. Let’s run before it close” and with that we started running through a maze of people, me like a rag doll pulled by Jaejoong. Before I knew it, we were standing in front of a humongous Ferris wheel and he was pushing me towards one of the passenger car.
Did I mention that I’m an acrophobia? So when the Ferris wheel started to move I was sitting as quietly as I can in a corner thinking who had told Jaejoong about my fear of heights so that he could torture me this way.
Not daring to look out from the window, I observed the floor of the passenger car, finding it somewhat interesting. It was quite a small space where two people could sit in either side. Jaejoong sat quietly in front of me. The sudden closeness in the tight space with him made me overly cautious of him especially after what I had figured out.
“ahh.. There’s so many initials here” Jaejoong said suddenly. Gathering my courage, I looked up to him and the initials. Indeed there were many, I guess marked there to prove the legend. This Ferris wheel had a legend that if you ride it with your lover and kissed when your carriage reached the peak as the sun sets, you’ll be together forever, happily ever after. Those initials were written by those who did it and it became true.
“Y-yeh” I stuttered when I saw the sky moving, my stomach lurched at the thought of being high in the sky. I closed my eyes and took a big breath to clear the nauseating feeling caused by my fear and nervousness of being with Jaejoong.
I felt Jaejoong stood up and sat next to me. “gwaenchanayo?” okay, that was weird. It’s either I’m too sick or the obnoxious Jaejoong was suddenly concerned over me. He touched my shoulder since I didn’t reply. I looked at him and gave him a weak smile.
“Gwaenchana? You look really pale! Are you hurt anywhere?” He asked again frantically. It felt like a dream when he’s feeling concerned for me instead of arguing with him like we always do. I shook my head, “so h-high.”
“Are you afraid of heights? Mianhe! I never knew that you’re an acrophobia!” he apologised profusely. “If only I knew I wouldn’t have dragged you here. Cheongmal mianhe. I’m also sorry that I always argued with you” he said. This day was getting weirder. “It’s ok, you didn’t knew”
I swallowed my saliva, wishing that I could get off this thing soon. “Ah! I know! Focus your attention on me so that you wouldn’t be aware of the height” Jaejoong snapped his fingers and raised my chin so that we were staring at each other now, my cheeks getting redder than an apple. Silence continued on.
“Ah~ ahh... It’s awkward” Jaejoong averted his gaze and cleared his throat. Now he’s the one who find the floor’s an interesting thing to observe.
“You’re the one who told me to”
He nodded and looked at me and the floor back and forth. Then he gave me a sheepish smile before we burst out laughing. You know, I’ll never get tired staring at his beautiful smile.
“Do you know the legend about this Ferris wheel?” he asked. I nodded in reply, hundreds of questions ran through my head. He looked out from the window and, my fear of heights forgotten, I followed his gaze. The sky was bright orange with a hint of red and purple and the setting sun was peeking behind the clouds. My breath got stuck at the magnificent view that I almost missed while riding this thing.
“wow”
I looked at Jaejoong if he was mesmerised too. He looked at me and at that moment, he took my breathe away, the orange light illuminated his features and he look really striking. I gazed at his luscious red lips and averted my gaze.
As the carriage reached the highest point and we’re on the verge of going down, Jaejoong turned my head and tilt it a little, the next thing I knew, that red luscious lips was on mine.
[15 years later]
“Jagiya~ look! Appa and omma’s signature is there” YoungAe pointed excitedly on an area of the passenger car of the Ferris wheel.
“yeh. It is there” Kyubin said and placed an arm around YoungAe’s shoulder.
“So the legend’s true?”
“Maybe. But the proof is you’re here and their love will continue forever. Just like your name, forever love”

No comments:

Post a Comment